Before entering Real Estate in 1998, Chet owned & operated an international consulting firm
specializing in Sales Training, Marketing, Communication Skills & Negotiation Strategies ….
Additionally, he held ownership in and operated Buick, Pontiac, GMC & Toyota Franchises located in
North Carolina, South Carolina & Arizona. The skills acquired in these professions uniquely qualify him for his current profession of serving his clients’ needs in the Upstate SC Real Estate Market.
Chet’s primarily focus is on listing and selling homes while his wife, Beth, specializes in working with home buyers … This approach to handling their clients’ needs resulted in them earning the first ever “Presidents Award” in 2011, for selling more homes over the previous 12 years than any other agents in the Upstate (2320 Homes – 533 Million dollars in sales)
“That’s over half a billion dollars in real estate, which is a lot of satisfied buyers and sellers … no one has ever sold this many homes, and I doubt it will ever be duplicated!” – C. Dan Joyner
… And as an FYI- by 2018 they passed the 1 Billion dollar mark, with more than 4300 Home sales! … To date, no other agent nor team has reached this goal.
Chet’s formal education took place at Arizona State University, Georgia Tech & The General Motors Institute. He served as a commissioned officer in the Arizona National Guard for seven years and today when he has spare time, enjoys fishing, kayaking and spending time with his friends and grandchildren on their farm in Marietta, SC.
From a business standpoint, Chet’s primary commitments are:
- (Productivity) To always invest our time relative to the greatest amount of production for our clients.
- (Critical Thinking) If an idea, concept, marketing method, system or procedure is still being handled or done in the same way it always has been … RETHINK IT (Be willing to break out of the traditional Real Estate Model) and implement systems & marketing strategies that WORK.
- (Client Focus) Never forget that we have been entrusted to help with the purchase or sale of one of our clients’ largest financial & lifestyle assets. Because of this, the client’s primary concern is RESULTS!
- (Innovation) To spend the time necessary to develop a marketing and pricing strategy for each home we list that will result in a sale at the highest possible price in the shortest amount of time relative to the client’s goals and objectives. And finally,
- (To invest) in administrative staff and acquire the best possible people to assist us with the “every day” administrative items that eat up an agent’s time and just keep them busy, rather than productive.
Following through on these commitments has enabled the Chet & Beth Smith Group to produce the desired results for their clients, and since their clients like “RESULTS”, literally 60% of their business growth has come from repeat business or referrals from satisfied clients. So, by their third year in the industry, they found themselves ranked in the top 100 agents Nationwide with Berkshire Hathaway … A ranking they have held every year since! – Additionally, they have been ranked in the top 10 agents in the nation, 4 different times … Keeping “Results” and their motto of “Everything We Touch Turns to SOLD” alive and well.